Care instructions for flexible dies
Need a PDF summary? Click here!
- Never bend a flexible die.
- Always store dies with blades uppermost.
- Always clean the reverse side of the die thoroughly before mounting it onto the magnetic cylinder.
- Flexible dies should only be removed from the cylinder by a Wink lifter.
- Remove all paint and glue residues after usage and treat both sides of the die with anticorrosive oil lightly.
- Put flexible dies separately in provided Wink bags and seal them tightly.
- Store the dies in suspended file pockets or in the original cardboard packaging in which the dies have been supplied.
- Keep the certificate of quality and the provided cutting sample!
Caring instructions rotary cylinders
- Clean the cylinders thoroughly before usage.
- Cylinders should be lifted into and out of the machine carefully.
- Never put a magnetic cylinder down on the magnetic area. Never put a rotary cylinder on the cutting lines.
- Remove paint- and glue residues regularly.
- Control cylinder on damages which could be caused by excessive pressure of bearers.
In the printing machine
- Check for exact positioning of pressure-bridge on the bearers of the cylinder.
- Ensure that bearings and shafts are running free from backlash.
- Pay attention to adequate pressure between magnetic, rotary and anvil cylinder.
- Increase cutting pressure very slowly.
- Clean and oil the bearers and pressure rollers (felt-strips) regularly.
- We advise the usage of pressure cells.
- Measure the gap regularly.
- Consider gap changing when ordering new cutting tools.
- If the gap is one-sided or the gap tolerance is too large check or change magnetic and anvil cylinder.
- Check bearers, bearings and pressure rollers regularly.
- Check gears regularly.
The right contact
Would you like to request an offer or place an order? Do you have general or technical questions? Our friendly and competent team will answer all your questions about our products and our service.